19 August 2011

On The Road Again...

On the road again...
Goin' places that I've never been,
Seein' things that I may never see again,
And I can't wait to get on the road again...

So this morning, I packed my car up with all my stuff: clothes, uniforms, stuff for the field, computer, printer, kitchen stuff, couple of backpacks, snacks, and my small cooler and as I was making trips in and out of the house, I discovered I had a stowaway hiding behind my seat!

Murphy found the last available space left in the car and decided it must have been left open for her.  I guess she was afraid she was going to be left behind.  It took some coaxing but she finally got out, head down and tail between her legs.  She hates it when the suitcases come out, she almost always gets to go but she doesn't understand how could we possibly go on a vacation and have fun without her?? 

So with Murphy out of the car, I could finally head out.  The first stop of my journey took me to Springfield, IL where I am staying with my old roommate, Karli.  I got to her house a couple of minutes before she got home from work, so it was perfect timing.  We hung out for a bit, then went to dinner at a pretty good Mexican restaurant, followed by dessert at the snow cone stand!  YAY!  I love snow cones!  Then we drove around some unexplored areas of Springfield before heading back to her house for the evening, which is where I sit now.  Tomorrow the plan is to drive at least as far as Tulsa, OK before stopping at a hotel for the night. 

Not much else to say for now, one piece of advice for any future BOLC students, make sure you save your receipts for everything along the way so you can get reimbursed after you get to your first duty station!  Until tomorrow, when I'm...On the Road Again...

No comments:

Post a Comment