17 April 2012

Quick Like A Fox!

What a great day I had visiting with the Fox family!   I used to work with Bonnie at JW Speaker and had the pleasure of spending the day with her and her family as they vacationed in Washington DC last week!   We started out going to the Newseum, a new place for me and one that was on my list of things to do while living here.


(Welcome!)

(Original 3 ton sections of the Berlin wall and a guard tower behind)

(Bonnie and I on the Newseum terrace with the Capital in the background and the Canadian Embassy to the left)

(A Colts jersey presented to Ronald Reagan, and some other memorabilia)

(News helicopter)

(History reported)

(They had rows of newspapers from various historical events, like this one when the Union was dissolved)

(Invasion)

(It's over)

(Alaska becomes a state!)

(Had to get the Packers in there!)

(September 11)


(A section of a 360 ft TV and radio antenna that was on top of the North Tower)


(Newspapers from September 11 from all over the country)

(I found the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that was on display)

(And this is me with the Fox family!)

After the Newseum we went to see the Pentagon Memorial and then to Arlington to see the Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.  It was a wonderful day and I'm so glad I got to see them!  Hope they come back again!


No comments:

Post a Comment