24 March 2012

Update to Big Brass and St. Paddy's Day

I posted a while back about getting to meet MG Keenan, the 24th Chief of the Army Nurse Corp, at the Army Nurse Corp birthday party.  It was really neat to meet her but I didn't get any pictures to commemorate the day.  Last week at work I was surfing the internet (it's kind of slow on night shift sometimes) and I was on the Army Nurse Corp website and there was a scrolling picture show of all the different celebrations that MG Keenan attended.  Lo and behold, a picture scrolled through and I recognized myself in it!  It's not the greatest picture but I think it's still pretty cool.

I'm second from the left and MG Keenan is the short one in the middle.

If you're curious about all the different uniforms, we can wear either the blue pants (which is what I'm wearing) or the black skirt which the other girls are wearing (the skirt and heels are horribly uncomfortable though!).  The two people who have the black pants on are in the Navy and then the rest of the people were already at work that day so they are wearing the ACU's which is what we wear on the units we work on. 

Work has been going really great lately, I really love the unit I work on and the people I work with; we have a lot of fun.

This photo was from St. Paddy's Day, I took a Guinness Chocolate Cake and another guy brought a delicious beef stew.  It's helpful to have such handy bins to eat out of!  :)

That's all I have for now, I'll post more when something exciting happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment